Trends & Statistics
- About half of all adults (133 million) has at least ONE chronic health conditions. (As of 2012)
- One in four adults have two or more chronic health conditions.
- 86% percent of all health care spending is for people with one or more chronic medical conditions
- Annual spending has exceeded $100,000 per member.
- By 2023, cost of treating and managing chronic conditions is expected to exceed $4.2 trillion (for cancer, diabetes, hypertension, stroke, heart disease, pulmonary conditions, and mental disorders only)